Starting City: Lynn, MA
Ending City: South Bend, IN
Today was pretty much a success. We are about 1.5 hours before Chicago, IL and are very glad to be done with driving for the day. The most exciting and controversial thing that happened is my accident with a bird initiation. A bird flew across the highway very low to the ground and I could not swerve because of all the cars around us and I hit the bird and my license plate now has a good size dent in it. I believe birds do this as an initiation in order to be part of the group and be able to sit on a certain tree or light pole. Why else would they do this?? I felt bad for the bird, but this should be a lesson to the birds watching the initiation from afar... DO NOT FLY LOW!!! Death is not worth sitting or hanging around those birds!

if I'm not mistaken, the birds like to draft off the wind and it causes them to do weird stuff when they ride it. but who knew, did you have wings for dinner =P
ReplyDelete