Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Country Gravy!!

End of day 3 has brought us to Anderson, SC. It's amazing how far we have gotten. I guess it's because we decided not to sight see and just drive straight through, only stopping to get gas, eat or use the restroom and stretch our legs, which has not been too often. I have definitely been getting really good mileage on my car and have avoided the traffic in the major cities we have been to so far. Tomorrow will be another story... we plan to go ALL the way to Massachusetts! Let's see what happens, especially with there being snow in the Northeastern states. Recap of today's events below.

Starting point: Houston, Tx. 5:30AM-ish
Ending point: Anderson, Sc. 12:30AM

States in contact with: Texas (again!!!), Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina.

Highlights:
-The one thing that stuck out a lot in my mind after a long day is that we finally stopped at an outlet and Thea got to go to the Coach Factory outlet, that she has been waiting for so long! The place was semi deserted. Gulf Port, Mississippi

-Saw the Mississippi river!!! It was cool, I want to watch Huckleberry fin with Elijah Woods now. =) I might just go buy that on DVD now.

-Was VERY happy to leave Texas!

-Took car to Honda Dealer in Mississippi to change head light because could not get to the low beam on the driver side as the battery was blocking it. I think they did that on purpose. That held us back almost 2 hours... but needed working head lights!

-Clear weather throughout the whole day (but very cold).

-Going through Alabama made me want to watch the movie Sweet Home Alabama, starring Reese Witherspoon.

-While in Mississippi getting car serviced, an asian guy pulled up in his s2000 and in the outlet a block from there I saw 2 asian people working. I thought to myself... WOW--- that was 3 more asians than I was expecting to see in Mississippi! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment